Program Accomplishments for Systems Education Experiences
Since 2003 we have been steadily working with teachers and students to help transfer STEM concepts and proficiencies from the lab to the classroom. Here are a few notable accomplishments:
- 24 teachers have been trained through our summer internships (many for multiple summers).
- 28 high school students have been trained through our summer internships.
- 80 schools are using our supplemental curriculum modules.
- 459 kits, complete with materials and cultures, have been provided to enable successful lab experiences.
- 14 states are using our modules (AZ, CA, GA, KS, MA, ME, MT, NH, NY, OH, OR, PA, VA/WaDC, WA)
- 4 countries, besides the US, are using our modules (China, Switzerland, England, and New Zealand).
- 12,875 is the minimum number of students who have completed our modules. Additional thousands have watched our laboratory technique instructional videos for using a micropipette and hemocytometer.
- 700 is the minimum number of teachers who have been trained through our professional development institutes.
- While NSF provides the vast majority of our program financing, we have partnered with many organizations.
- 29 is the number of institutions we have collaborated with to make our program a success.
Because we provide free online curriculum we are not aware of all people using our materials. If you are someone who has used our materials or would like to field test or provide information, please contact us! For more information on our collaborative team of teachers, students, scientists and engineers, see our Collaborations page.
(last updated December 10, 2012)